Team Up welcomes new partner school, Overton Grange School in Sutton, running a programme utilising talented tutors from their sixth-form.
In September Team Up began running a new programme for 15 Year 11 pupils in both Maths and English, identifying talented tutors from within Overton Grange School’s sixth-form.
Charlotte Auger, the Assistant Head Teacher at Overton Grange School highlights the benefits to the school and pupils.
"We chose to use our 6th formers to tutor for a number of reasons - firstly, what better way to learn than from someone who has recent, first-hand knowledge of taking their GCSEs? Secondly, tuition from someone who is similar in age also allows the students to learn in a more relaxed atmosphere - a bit like a friend who is helping you out!
In return, our 6th formers are developing skills in leadership, communication and behaviour management. They are thoroughly enjoying sharing their knowledge with others and it has been great to see how their confidence has grown as a result of doing so."
From our mid- programme survey’s initial pupil feedback is encouraging:
- 90% of pupils stated that they ‘Strongly agreed’ or ‘Agreed’ with the statement that ‘I am enjoying the Team Up programme’.
- 90% of pupils stated they are now feeling more confident in their subject due to Team Up.
- '[Team up is] personalised to your learning'
- 'It has helped my writing skills, punctuation and grammar'
- 'I like learning new things I wouldn't have done with my teachers'
Feedback from sixth-form tutors is equally as positive:
- 'I believe I have gained a lot of confidence regarding my confidence and teamwork/leadership skills'
- 'I've increased my confidence quite a lot, and have learnt how to manage a group with different skill sets'
- 'I have gained leadership and communication skills, now knowing what I want to do after sixth form.'
If you are interested in introducing Team Up’s Tuition Programme, harnessing the talent within the sixth-form in your school, please contact email@example.com.