We're looking for tutors who have what it takes to make a difference to our pupils. Here's what we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate to become a Team Up tutor.
Strong academic grades (As and Bs), or equivalent qualification(s), in a subject relevant to the one a candidate would like to tutor in.
Please note: There is flexibility on this as an entry requirement, provided a candidate can demonstrate the below criteria and a strong aptitude for their chosen subject.
Motivation and Values
Displays passion for: social mobility, making a difference, helping others.
Indicates fit with TU values:
- 1. Being excellent
- 2. Building good relationships
- 3. Loves to learn
- Resilience: the ability to persevere when challenged
- Commitment: integrity in honouring your commitments
- Humility: openness to learning and easy to relate to
- Inspirational: the ability to inspire others
- Communication: the ability to present and articulate concepts and instructions with clarity, and deliver material in an engaging way that is appropriate for the audience
- Self awareness: the ability to reflect on your performance and identify areas for improvement
- Excellent organisation: punctuality, good planning and the ability to arrange time effectively
- Leadership: the ability to guide and motivate others