Interested in working for a vibrant social enterprise? Our current vacancies are listed below.
Photograph by Maahwish Mirza
Team Up is looking for a dynamic qualified teacher to lead teams of inspirational volunteer tutors to help transform the life chances of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
About Team Up
Team Up uses tuition, delivered by inspirational volunteer tutors, to enable pupils from low income backgrounds to meaningfully increase their academic attainment in order to improve the choices open to them.
About the role
This is a demanding and exciting role for a multi-skilled individual looking to gain experience in programme and people management. In this role you will be responsible for taking a group of schools, their pupils and volunteer tutors through the programme from start to finish, and for ensuring the programme genuinely makes a difference to those participating. In the first few months of your contract you will focus on your school portfolio, while later you will have the chance to use your experience to mentor other team members or take on more strategic work alongside your main role of supporting your schools.
Team Up is seeking someone with ambition, high expectations and attention to detail, keen to develop themselves in an environment that rewards entrepreneurship and accountability for results. If you are committed to making a difference to young people and to your own development, this is the role for you.
You will be joining a small team of staff in a fun and friendly environment where we work hard for the mission and for each other. We look forward to welcoming you on board.
1. Programme Delivery
● Training tutors to deliver effective teaching
● Liaising with schools and teachers to ensure quality delivery and excellent communication
● Delivering school sessions in Greater London
● Managing pupils to ensure engagement
● Managing tutors to deliver improved academic attainment for pupils
● Managing the administrative work for each school under your supervision
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
● Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the programme on stakeholders
● Developing strategies to maximise impact 3. Sales, Marketing & Recruitment
● Holding sales and contracting meetings with new schools
● Supporting tutor recruitment and screening
Key Skills and Attributes: Candidates for this role will have the following skills and attributes:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A strong academic track-record, with a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
● Excellent organisational skills
● Desire to own and manage responsibility for achieving organisational goals
● Confidence working with external stakeholders and young people
● Interest in collecting and using data to drive results
● Experience of working in a team to solve problems
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Experience of monitoring and evaluating performance data
● Experience of managing relationships with external stakeholders
● Experience in preparing pupils for examinations at any Key Stage
Terms & Conditions
Start Date: January 2020
Working hours: Full time role c. 40 hours per week (the role involves a half day on Saturday during at least one school term).
Contract length: Permanent
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a cover letter explaining how you feel you fit the requirements of the role, alongside your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held in late October 2019.