We're looking for tutors who have what it takes to make a difference to our pupils. Here's what we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate to become a Team Up tutor.
Strong academic grades (As and Bs), or equivalent qualification(s), in a subject relevant to the one a candidate would like to tutor in.
Please note: There is flexibility on this as an entry requirement, provided a candidate can demonstrate the below criteria and a strong aptitude for their chosen subject.
Motivation and Values
Displays passion for: social mobility, making a difference, helping others.
Indicates fit with TU values:
- 1. Being excellent
- 2. Building good relationships
- 3. Loves to learn
- Resilience: the ability to persevere when challenged
- Commitment: you have integrity in honouring your commitments
- Humility: open to learning and easy to relate to
- Inspirational: ability to inspire others
- Communication: ability to present and articulate with clarity and deliver in an engaging way that is appropriate for the audience
- Self awareness: you can reflect on your performance and identify areas for improvement
- Excellent organisation: punctual, well planned and able to arrange time effectively
- Leadership: you can guide and motivate others